The board members of Healthy Moves share a strong passion for bringing movement, fitness and fun to youth in our communities. All board positions are volunteer positions, and their commitment and effort towards Healthy Moves’ mission is making a difference in our local communities.
Board of Directors for Healthy Moves
- Denise Thomas-Morrow, CEO/Director Denise is the owner of Let’s Move Fitness and earned a bachelor’s degree in dance from the University of Oregon. After college, she studied dance in New York at the Alvin Ailey Dance School and Steps on Broadway and taught aerobics at Molly Fox Studio and at Crunch. She pioneered Double Funk, a cardio-intense workout set to funk music, and she is currently a fitness instructor and a practitioner of the Alexander Technique. email@example.com
- Wilson Johnson, President of the Board firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Moret, Vice President and Communications Coordinator Dan is the director of Blue Sky Marketing and Communications, faculty member at Oregon State University and does marketing and public relations for OSU Libraries and Press, a fine art photographer, and previously was the marketing coordinator for Lane Community College and the Eugene Water and Electric Board. He has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Mass Communications from the University of Oregon and loves moving his feet to explore Eugene, other cities in North America, and Europe. email@example.com
- Bill Sharp, Legal Advisor Bill is an attorney in private practice, was a youth sports coach for many years, and previously served on the Board of Directors for Kidsports. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hilary Rhode, Treasurer
- Anetra Brown, Secretary email@example.com
- Deb Johnson-Shelton, Assessment and Program Evaluation Advisor Deb is an associate research scientist at Oregon Research Institute who’s been involved in designing and evaluating programs in schools and communities to support youth and family development for more than 20 years. Her research has involved longitudinal measures of child obesity risk, the relationship between the built environment and child obesity, and related research studies on children’s health. She and her husband enjoy working on their small country farm, fishing and hunting, and spending time with their children and grandchildren. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marc Siegel, Trainer Marc has an MA in Dance, is a performer with many professional companies in dance, music, acting and choreography, is a teacher of dance for more than 30 years, and he’s an avid rock climber. email@example.com
- Gary Campbell, University of Oregon Assistant Coach
- Colt Gill, Bethel School District Superintendent
- George Russell, Retired 4J Superintendent
- Nancy Webber, Community Volunteer
- Erik Quick-Warner, IT Advisor for Healthy Moves. Erik is co-owner of Blue Bus Creatives.
- Vicki Anderson, Health and fitness specialist who enjoys using her specialties to help with Healthy Moves.
- Lisa Marion
- Kris Redmond
- Jeff Angus, Writer for Healthy Moves
- Karen A. Lawrence, Grant Writer for Healthy Moves
- Denise Thomas-Morrow, CEO/Director
- Caitlin Christopher, Grant Writer
- Lyndsay Sears, Assistant Director
- Stephanie McCarthy, Marketing Assistant
If you are interested in getting involved with Healthy Moves, please contact Denise Thomas-Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.